fix minecraft launcher not opening windows 11 If you are a die-hard fan of Minecraft, then you must have install and installed the game on your computer. If you are facing problems while opening Minecraft, then this article will help you. The main problem most of the users are facing is that, whenever they try to open the game or install it again, they get an error message saying that ‘the application cannot be opened’ or ‘the launcher has stopped working.
This is because some issues with your Operating System are stopping the game from opening in its entirety. Below we will discuss how to fix Minecraft not opening, as well as how to repair the Minecraft launcher not working on Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems. Read ahead to know more:
RELATED ARTICLE: The Best Way do I bypass TPM in Valorant
Table of Contents
Why is Minecraft Launcher Not Opening?
If you are facing issues with your Minecraft game not opening, then it is due to various reasons. The most common reason is that you may have installed the game in a different partition or drive. The game is only compatible with Windows 32-bit systems, so if you have tried installing it on your 64-bit Windows computer
you may have encountered this issue. Another reason is that you may have installed the game along with its dependencies. Hence, it is recommended that you first uninstall Minecraft and then re-install it. In case you have installed the game on a different drive, then you need to move it to the default drive. Moreover, make sure that you have enough space on the drive to install the game.
Minecraft installer not working windows 11
There could be several reasons why the Minecraft installer is not working on your Windows 11 system. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check if your system meets the minimum requirements for running Minecraft. The game requires at least 4GB of RAM and a graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.3 or higher.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed on your system. Minecraft requires Java in order to run, and you can install the latest version from the official Java website.
- Check if there are any updates available for your operating system. Sometimes, issues with software can be resolved by installing the latest updates.
- Try running the installer as an administrator. Right-click on the installer and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Check for any malware or viruses on your system. These can interfere with the installation process and cause issues.
- Try disabling any antivirus software temporarily. Some antivirus programs can block certain files or processes, which can cause issues with the installation.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, you may want to try reinstalling the game or contacting Minecraft support for further assistance.
Run the Game as an Administrator
Another prominent reason why the Minecraft launcher not working is that you may not be running the game as an administrator. The game must be given administrative rights to run properly on your computer. You can do this by right-clicking the game icon and then clicking ‘Run as administrator.
Note that you need administrative rights on your computer to install the game. If you are unable to run the game as an administrator, then it may be due to insufficient user rights. You can run the game by using another account with administrative rights.
minecraft bedrock launcher windows 11
To install the Minecraft Bedrock edition on a Windows 11 system, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Minecraft website and click on the “Play” button.
- Click on the “Minecraft for Windows 10” option.
- Click on the “Buy” button to purchase the game. If you already own the game, you can click on the “Already own the game?” link and enter your login details to redeem the game.
- Once the purchase is complete, the game will be added to your Microsoft account and you will be able to install and install it through the Microsoft Store.
- Open the Microsoft Store app on your system and search for “Minecraft”.
- Click on the “Minecraft” app and select the “Get” button to start the install.
- Once the install is complete, click on the “Play” button to launch the game.
If you encounter any issues during the installation process, you may want to try the troubleshooting steps listed in my previous response. You can also contact Minecraft support for further assistance.
Repairing the Installation Folder
In case you have tried all the above-mentioned methods, but still, Minecraft launcher not working, then you may have to repair the installation folder. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below:
First of all, open the Control Panel. – Next, click on the ‘Folder Options’ tab. – Here, move to the ‘View’ tab and select ‘show hidden files and folders. – Now, navigate to the directory where Minecraft is installed and delete the ‘bin’ folder.
- After this, re-install Minecraft and see if the problem persists.
Re-Register the Game DLLs
If you have tried all the above-mentioned methods, but the Minecraft launcher still not working, then there with the DLL files of the game. You must have install the game from the internet, and hence, it is possible that it has been infected with a virus. To fix this, you need to re-register the DLL files of the game by following the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to navigate to the folder where you have installed the game. – After this, you need to go to the ‘bin’ folder and copy the following DLL files:
- Minecraft.exe – Minecraft.jar – Minecraft.jnlp – Minecraft. native.jnlp – Minecraft.exe.manifest
- After you have copied these DLL files, go to the following folder: – \Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\ – Here, you need to paste the files you have copied in the previous step. – Now, open the Minecraft Launcher and see if the problem persists.
We hope that you have learned how to fix the Minecraft launcher not opening and can now easily open the game. In case you are still facing issues, then do let us know in the comments section below.
We will be glad to help you out. For more such interesting articles, sign up for our Newsletter. For more such interesting articles, sign up for our Newsletter.
1 thought on “What’s So Interesting About fix minecraft launcher not opening windows 11?”